On this course I will teach you the skills I rely upon when identifying and understanding a child or adult with Sensory Processing Difficulties' specific needs.
The course includes the content from our 'Understanding our senses' course for FREE, this is there for you to go back to at any point to refresh your understanding of the 8 senses and how they work.
I will also cover on this course
- Why we need our senses for learning & development
- What are Sensory Processing Difficulties, what does it mean and who may experience these difficulties
- What characteristics of SPD mean and how to identify someone's over-riding sensory needs.
- How SPD can impact daily living and what we need to consider
- Terminology frequently used - explained so that you feel confident - whether you are a parent or professional to feel confident in professional meetings.
It will include downloads for each section as well as some quizzes.
At the end of the course - upon completion - you will receive certification by us.
Get started now!
Born and raised in Devon, I founded Sensory Spectacle in 2014. Originally from the field of Graphic Design, I was captivated by the autistic sensory world whilst working in a centre in West London that supports children and young people with complex health needs and disabilities.
This course is designed for all level of learners whether you are just beginning to learn about SPD or whether you are a professional in the SEN community.