I have created this course specifically for education staff. During this training you will gain insight into why we may see certain characteristics from our students, what this means and how you can support them further in their learning.
You will learn
- why our senses are so important in our learning and development
- what we need to take into consideration in our classrooms
- the sensory needs behind different students in your classroom, such as fidgety students, noisy students & clumsy students
- how to recognise the best learning style for a student
- how to create a sensory profile for your students which can then be carried through to the following years
As part of this training I will explain
- the sensory aspects and characteristics certain students have
- what this means in regards to their sensory processing needs (seeking, avoiding, discriminating difficulties)
- the teaching style (and learning style) which best suits these students
With all this knowledge you will then feel more confident not just in understanding a students sensory needs for learning but also how you can adapt their teaching to support the whole class.
You will also receive a free download to print which lists the incredible skills that some of our students with SPD have.
Born and raised in Devon, I founded Sensory Spectacle in 2014. Originally from the field of Graphic Design, I was captivated by the autistic sensory world whilst working in a centre in West London that supports children and young people with complex health needs and disabilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
This course is perfect for anyone working in education looking to understand the learning styles of your students and how to support them.