This is a bespoke training course created for inset training, either as a whole team together or for staff to complete in their own time. Up to 50 members of staff for this price. (More staff can be added at a discounted rate, please email us for more info [email protected]
The course includes the content from our 'Understanding our senses' course for FREE, this is there for you to go back to at any point to refresh your understanding of the 8 senses and how they work.
I will also cover on this course
- the importance for our senses for learning & development
- What is Sensory Processing Disorder
- How we can understand and recognise characteristics (misunderstood behaviours)
- Insight into some student profiles
- Strategies and ideas to support students
- Introducing a sensory profile, what it is and how to use one
It will include downloads for each section as well as some quizzes.
At the end of the course - upon completion - you will receive certification by us.
Get started now!
Born and raised in Devon, I founded Sensory Spectacle in 2014. Originally from the field of Graphic Design, I was captivated by the autistic sensory world whilst working in a centre in West London that supports children and young people with complex health needs and disabilities.
This course is designed for all level of learners whether you are just beginning to learn about SPD or whether you are a professional in the SEN community.